Actually Pent, touching my own review and actually addressing a negative
reviewer by changing the text is the *only* way of combating these people.
I do it routinely and even for legitimate users who need help (in which case
I point them at support). This has the advantage that the first review a new
customer has is a 5 star rating.

The other advantage to the "touch"  feature is that quite often a user will
get to support and I'll help them out or fix a bug, the user then comes back
and adds more stars and edits their comment to something more positive.

Anyway, i really hope they don't suddenly remove that "touch" feature
because its actually one way to get the nefarious competitor reviews buried
and/or addressed.