Chris,

I don't have an online tutorial but we have covered this topic in a
fair amount of detail in our 2nd edition of ProAndroid 2
(http://www.androidbook.com) from Apress. The coverage includes state
management through preferences.

The third edition that should be available any time soon have extended
the material to also cover list based widgets in honeycomb.

Here is my journal as I have developed material for those chapters.

http://www.satyakomatineni.com/item/3299

Hope this will be of some help. the journal is useful if you are
looking for answers to specific questions but if you are looking for a
tutorial the book is much more helpful

Thanks
Satya Komatineni
http://www.satyakomatineni.com