Hi Kostya,

I tried the example you gave above. Firstly it's not quite what I was
after, as the outer edges are rounded - I need the drawable as a whole
to be square/rectangular. Also, strangely, even though I've overlayed
this over my image using a FrameLayout, the image can be seen in full
beneath the green border.

I'm waiting for my design friend to send me an image which I will turn
into a 9patch - I'm hoping this will do what I want. My own design
skills are -zero.