On Apr 27, 9:36 am, Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pep...@vaneeckhoudt.net>
wrote:
> So many words and you still didn't actually say what
> ByteBuffer#duplicate is doing wrong in the first place. It's such a
> basic method that the test case is probably shorter than the rant ;)
>
> Would you care to share what the incorrect behavior actually is so other
> people can avoid this problem?

It crashes TyphonRT! ;)

The incorrect behavior is a blank screen when working with GL. I tried
setting position(0) after "duplicate()" and several other combinations
to patch the behavior of my application. Nothing worked besides
removing usage of the method.

The path to tracking it down wasn't pleasant at all. I don't wish
tracking down low level bugs like this on anyone. Unfortunately I do
not have time to further investigate the matter and need to return to
working on my product & launch. Nothing else matters besides launching
before this "wave" is over.

It sucks that I'm appearing a bit scrappy, but that is just the way
things are for me right now. time == $$$

Perhaps there will be better times when I can bug hunt for free for a
mega-corporation. ;P