I am experimenting with using a TabHost, with a separate Task running
in each Tab.  This appears to work, however, when I log out
getTaskId() on the various lifecycle methods, I see that the Task ID
is "-1" for all of the Tasks that I start at the root of each tab.

I'm wondering what a Task ID of "-1" means.  I'm guessing it might
mean that this Activity is a child activity of the parent tab
ActivityGroup?  And if this is the case, it would generally mean that
I cannot start a new Task for each Tab selected?

I don't like the idea of using Tabs in the first place, but I'd like
some UI for the user to launch from.  Menus won't cut it here.  Does
it make sense to just put a button-bar at the footer of each of my
activities to allow the user to quickly jump to that "simulated tab"
and move to that Task?  I definitely want separate Tasks so I get
separate back-stacks.

If anyone has built this style of navigation, I would appreciate
hearing different options.