I have been developing an app I want to share with friends and family for
beta testing before I publish it to the android market. Problem is, since
I've already had them install a previous version of the app, that when I
send them the new .apk to install the installer wants the already installed
app to be uninstalled first before the new version can be installed or
updated.

Is this something I'm doing wrong in my program? I want the SQLite DB to
always be intact and never loose data which is what happens when someone has
to reinstall/update the app.

Please help! Thanks so much.

Derek