Hello Mario,

I saw you post on Flixel forum. Its good to hear from you. I do feel a
little crippled because I dont know muchjava, and opengl is very new to me.

First I will try to awser your questions.

- How much of the original Flixel API should be covered?

I dont know, but W. Eraser points out this necessity of using opengles
render instead of canvas render. Looks like a very good point to work on, as
some flixel visual functions dont work or are impossible on canvas.

- How much has been ported so far? I'd actually just rip out the
interfaces/class/method signatures and replace the implementations.

Sorry, cant help much. I saw about a guy, one year ago, ported somekind of
flixel to android, replacing the actionscript syntax with java, and working
only on render and other little issues. That version was a lot bugged, and
this new flixel2 was done by Wing Eraser. Looks like a as3 flixel, added a
d-pad and the canvas render.

The project page has more information. If its not bothering you, can you
point me some books/links to study and get a better idea of your work on
libgdx? Like, to know the roots of the thing? I've read about rendering
using bit blitting, like canvas render, but thats all I know so far.

Really thanks for your interest, if theres something I can do to help,
please ask.

Cheers, Zimbres.
Ps: sorry the late reply. I was working on some deadlines these days.

The more that is already available the better.

2011/4/28 Mario Zechner <badlogicga...@gmail.com>

> Neat, a Flixel Android port would indeed be a nice to have. I saw that
> the project is actually not an Actionscript 3 project but a Java based
> project. Might i suggest basing the Android Flixel port on libgdx [1]?
> Benefit: it would also run on the desktop (windows, linux, mac) and
> the nasty OpenGL ES stuff is pretty much hidden by the utility classes
> we offer on top of the GLES binding. I played around with Flixel a
> little bit a while ago and the port to libgdx should be very straight
> forward and painless.
>
> I might even have some time to do this myself. Could you answer me
> some questions?
>
> - How much of the original Flixel API should be covered?
> - How much has been ported so far? I'd actually just rip out the
> interfaces/class/method signatures and replace the implementations.
> The more that is already available the better.
>
> Ciao,
> Mario
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/libgdx/ (ignore the fugliness of the
> site, we are working on a dedicated one with super awesome images and
> ajax and web scale and all that jazz...)
>

> On 27 Apr., 16:59, Leonardo Zimbres <leonardozimb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Android Devs,
> >
> > WingEraser (its how I know him) has been porting Flixel to Android for a
> > while.
> >
> > What is flixel? An actionscript 3.0 game framework. Its very well
> organized
> > and have a lot of good stuff into it. Collisions, particles, nice use of
> > bitmaps to tiles and sprite animations.
> > If someone is curious about flixel, its homepage has some games:
> http://flixel.org/
> >
> > Abour the porting to android: Theres a lot of good done, but one issue is
> > giving certain trouble: to convert the framework render pipeline, from
> > canvas draw to opengl es.
> >
> > Theres someone up to work on that? Im lerarning what I can, but Im a
> little
> > new on Java, Android and OpenGL.
> >
> > Ah, the last threads about flixel-android:
> http://flixel.org/forums/index.php?topic=2848.45
> >
> > And the project page:http://code.google.com/p/flixel-android/
> >
> > Thanks, Zimbres.

Leonardo Zimbres