I recommend you to read the "Emulator Networking" documentation:
http://code.google.com/android/reference/emulator.html#emulatornetworking

If your host machine is behind a proxy, you might want to use the
-http-proxy
option when starting the emulator in order to redirect all TCP requests go a
given
HTTP/HTTPS proxy.