> If I have a list with multipleChoice mode in my app,  it doesn't seem
> to work correctly on virtual devices with lesser versions, say 1.5.
> why is that?

Also worth noting is that all the documentation has API levels noted
in it, so for example the multipleChoice thing you mention, is listed
here in the docs:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/AbsListView.html#CHOICE_MODE_MULTIPLE

It's been there since API level 1 so you can use it on any device.  If
however, you're wanting to use CHOICE_MODE_MULTIPLE_MODAL which is
right below it, that's only been available since API level 11 and so
will only work on Android 3.0 or above.

Hope it helps.