I've been getting exceptions like the one below reported by ACRA. Is anyone
seeing
something similar? Any ideas for a workaround?

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1253)
   at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1235)
   at
com.android.vending.billing.IMarketBillingService$Stub$Proxy.sendBillingRequest(IMarketBillingService.java:100)

Something similar has been reported here:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16043,
but apparently that's not right place for reporting it (where do we report
bugs for the
Market app?). Also, I don't think it only happens if the Market app's data
has been cleared, since people manage to download and run the app,
and it's kind of unlikely they will clear the Market data right after that.

This: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2387 suggests it's a
 bug in Android and happens with other services too, but it's quite old and
with
no comment.

Of course, this only happens when people are just about to upgrade, and
most probably give up after seeing the an error message...