You can't do that -- WindowManagerService has an array of WindowState
objects, which only inside its process.  A Window object only exists inside
of the process of that window, and the window manager services knows nothing
about it.  Further, there is no direct association between a window in the
window manager and a Window object, in fact not every window has a Window
object.

Please direct further questions to android-platform or android-porting, I
won't respond any more since this is not about developing applications
against the SDK.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM, siva prasad <siva4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I have some required data in WindowManagerService.java file (let me
> say , mWindows).  I want to query that data from WindowManager.java
> file.
> For example :
>       I want to have the list of Window Objects in WindowManager.java
> file , I can get the list from  WindowManagerService.java file
> (mWindows). So I want to add one function in WindowManager.java ,
> say           public Window[ ] getWindowObjects ();
>
> Could anyone tell me how can I do this.. I will be waiting for
> someone's help.
>

> Thank you.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer