> If fact, I do want the UI to be locked while
> the proccess is working

Are you sure you want the main thread blocked? This could cause the
"Application Not Responding" error to pop up during your lengthy process.
And users tend to get very confused when their phones become unresponsive.

On other platforms,
> there is some kind of DoEvents() or DoPendingEvents() functions which
> allow UI threads to proccess pending messages before continuing with
> the execution.
>
> There is some way of doing this in Android?

Not that I'm aware of. But you should really consider putting your "lengthy
process" in its own thread. An AsyncTask seems like it'd work well for you
here. You can even update your text view in the onPreExecute method, and
then notify the user of completion in the onPostExecute method.

Nick