Ok, over 13 hours since I posted my question about the error I'm
having (like many others, it would appear) about
getting a consistent error saying, "Conversion to Dalvik format failed
with error 1"  (may not be 100% exact, but
you know the one I'm asking about....  Since I have yet to get an
answer after 13 hours, I'm guessing that it wasn't
the right question, or I didn't include enough detail.  For full error
logs, look in posts from around 0745 CDT this
morning.  It'll be the only other post from me, and is titled
something like "Error when building YAMBA example
from Learning Android".

Here's my revised question and status so far.  I've spent the last
four or five days pouring through posts about this
error and very similar errors.  I've seen posts that offer a solution,
from back in 2009,  but none of those make any
difference this time,.  Eclipse (both 3.5 and 3.6)  show zero errors
in my java and xml code, which, considering that
I'm copying it from the example project in the book (Yamba).  :-)
I've tried re-installing Eclipse (both versions),
refreshing the project (F5), and loaded the external JAR file
(jtwitter.jar) as the book instructs (it ends up listed
with Android.jar).  I've tried everything I can think of, and
everything I've read.  The error refuses to go away.

It was NOT there when I built the Hello Android example...the only
problem I ran into there was that the AVD
refused to load.  Fine, whatever, I tested with my Motorola Bravo, and
it ran fine.  But this error now has me
stopped cold.

Can ANYONE help, or at the very least, PLEASE point me to the
appropriate FM to read.....

Thanks,
   --jim