I would like to get rid of the "snap" animation in the Gallery widget
(android.widget.Gallery).

If you look closely at the way the gallery animates, it looks like it
"overshoots" the position it is going to come to rest to and then
animates back to the position.  I would like to get rid of this
overshoot and animate back.  I would simply like to use an easing
function such as an AccelerateDecelerateInterpolator to animate
exactly to the position it will come to rest to.

Can anybody point me in the direction of where I would need to look to
change the physics/animation of the Gallery to achieve my objective?

Nik