You don't need to do all this. All you need is a drawable that supports
levels. Android even provides a circle drawable that gets filled when you
change the progress. Here's an example:

<layer-list xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
    <item android:drawable="@android:drawable/progress_circular_background" />
    <item>
        <shape android:shape="ring"
               android:innerRadiusRatio="3.4"
               android:thicknessRatio="6.0">
            <gradient
                   android:useLevel="true"
                   android:type="sweep"
                   android:startColor="#ff000000"
                   android:endColor="#ffffffff" />
        </shape>
    </item>
    <item>
        <rotate
            android:pivotX="50%" android:pivotY="50%"
            android:fromDegrees="0" android:toDegrees="360"
            android:drawable="@android:drawable/progress_particle" />
    </item>
</layer-list>

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Nicholas Johnson
<metthejohn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Here's what you can do:
>
> Extend the AbsSeekBar
> class<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/AbsSeekBar.html>,
> and implement the onDraw method to your liking. You can capture the height
> and width of your custom view by capturing those values in the onSizeChanged
> method. By drawing your circle programatically you can easily make a
> progress circle that looks good at all resolutions. Also, you don't have to
> worry about different device resolutions, since you just need to control the
> size of the view in the layout.
>
> Or, you could extend the ProgressBar class and do the same thing.
>
> Nick
>
>  --

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them