I know, but in Eclair it's not working.  If you put Bitmap option to RGBA.
You get a RGBA image but the image is altered.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember I face this issue on my Eclair phone and
take this workaround using libpng.

In eclair release, if the bitmap has no alpha it was converted to 565.

SkImageDecoder_libpng.cpp ~ l.277

I face this issue severals month ago and I remember I have trace down to
Skia and found the issue but I don't keep my notes on this subject.

Anyway seems fixed in Gingerbread.

Regards.