Hi,

I am trying to find the best way to keep track of how much time a user spent
on an android application (to report it to a server). I am only interested
in tracking time where the user seems to use the app, so if it's in the
background i shouldn't count that time for example. I did some research and
the only suggestion I found so far is using the onResume() and onPause()
methods of activities to keep track of elapsed time between those 2 calls; I
would probably need to do this in each activity of the application which
doesn't seem to be a very elegant solution. Is there another way, or better
way to keep track of this time?

thanks in advance for the help.

Laurent