I can't say for 100%, but my initial thought is: No.

AFAIK, when you convert your paid app to a free app and a user then
downloads it, the licensing service responds in the exact same way as if the
user bought it (i.e. bought it for $0.00).

So, I think the only way around your problem is implementing something on a
backend server or within your app to keep track of users that paid for the
app. That is, release an update a couple weeks prior to making your app free
which stores the information you need to "remember" that it was paid for,
then bring the price down to free.

Nick