Eyeballing the source code, everything in the initializers for
FragmentManagerImpl seems kosher. My best guess is that it is
referring to some method that exists on real 1.6 and does not exist on
the X10 Mini Pro. Unfortunately, those VerifyError reports are not
terribly specific.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Dave Johnston <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A user of mine is encountering a crash every time they start my
> application:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl
> at android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity.<init>(SourceFile:87)
> (...)
>
> Their phone is a Sony Ericsson U20i (Xperia X10 Mini Pro) running
> Android 1.6.
>
> I understand the Fragments compatibility library supports Android 1.6,
> and that VerifyError exceptions typically occur on outdated or
> unsupported systems, so would this error suggest the U20i isn't
> entirely compatible?
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 3.4 Available!