My app is mainly self-contained, interacting only with the user's databases, and does not use any web or cloud technology to do its thing. However, I'd like to add functionality to download database files from the user's Google Docs account to make it easier to transfer data.

There are docs online for the required APIs, but it really seems complicated and assumes prior knowledge of various web technologies (XML, JSON, HTTP headers, etc.) that are outside my realm of knowledge. It looks like a very steep learning curve just to perform this basic operation: obtain authentication, get a list of available docs to display, download selected doc file to the SD card.

Is there anyplace where I can find a tutorial on what I need to know, or possibly sample code? My experience in the past is that the documentation can make it seem more complex than it actually is: 20 pages of confusing text, and then you see a sample implementation and it's just a couple dozen lines of code!

Any help getting me started on this would be appreciated!

  Doug Gordon
  GHCS Software