Remember, I want to notify the user about the fact that I'm updating the
status of the table. So I need to first change the status message *and* then
update the table with the new data that I parse from a website. Which
requires two appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget calls.
All I'm thinking is that if I keep a record of the previous full single
remote views that was used to conjure the appwidget's layout that I could do
this much simpler rather than having to generate layouts, intents, pending
intents, table, background colour/alpha, text colour. It just seems a lot
more reasonable to me... isn't it?