Assuming the server is legitimate, you basically see this problem
because the certificate presented by the HTTPS server doesn't have a
certificate chain that can be verified against one of the root
certificates on the phone.  It may be possible to download and install
a new (additional) root authority certificate on the phone (I don't
know if this is possible on Android -- it isn't on some phones).  If
not, or if you want a "fix" that doesn't require actions on the part
of the user, you can either tell the HTTPS protocol to not verify the
server's cert (not particularly dangerous if the trusted URL is
hardwired into your app), or you can include a suitable root cert in
your application and give that to the HTTPS protocol for its use.
(I'm not familiar with how precisely you do these things on Android.)