Hi!

I have a service polling data at regular time intervals and this works
great except when the phone goes into standby. Then the service never
runs the timer thread and it never receives data. How does the SMS/
Email application do this since I get those notifications while in
standby?

When I did a Windows Mobile application this was just the same, and I
had to resort to a third party timer (SDF) to solve this....

-Christer