Hi all,

I have created a database file(myapp.db) using SQLite Browser and i am
accessing it from assets/ folder in my project. The application has
more than 25 tables and each table contains more than 20 fields. The
application sends request to the server and get the response in the
form of JSON string. All the data will be stored in the phone database
from the response string.

As per the above, i need to do.
Question: If i get change in database, which is the best way to
upgrade database version without loosing stored data?

The data will be stored permanently in the application and if there is
any change in database, i need to keep the data in application. If i
uninstall the application, the data will be lost.

Technically, when the application runs first time, the database schema
file(myapp.db) will be copied in the application. Whenever the
application run, it will check for the existing database which is
exists or not. If it is not, it will copy from the assets/ folder
otherwise it will not perform any action and simply ready to use it.

Please provide me any suggestions or guidance or example to do so.

Your help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Pranav