No, the 3.1 r2 SDK fixes an issue with the rendering library used in
the UI builder in Eclipse.
The renderscript compiler is not part of the platform component but of
the platform tools component which is used by all platforms.

I'm planning on pushing an updated platform-tools component on Tuesday
if I can fix the remaining issues.