I am 100% sure it's because the early Sense UI didn't define
textColorPrimaryInverseDisableOnly, even though it was supposed to be
standard from 1.6 on.

I've now changed it to just textColorPrimaryInverse, I don't remember
why I went with textColorPrimaryInverseDisableOnly in the first
place.  Will see if it will fix these customers, but I am confident
that it will.