I'm looking at the Gallery example from the Android-sdk samples
(android-7/ApiDemos/src/..../view/Gallery1.java), and am trying
to load the currently-displayed image, from the long-press
context menu, as wallpaper.

In that example, I have the index number within the array of
R.drawable.filename values (i.e., for mImageIds[position], I have
position, but what I need, is the value of mImageIds[position].

Is there a way to query the Gallery code for the resource value
for the current image?  I've looked, and I've been trying to do
this for days, and have gotten nothing but one error after
another, where correcting one error causes another, for which the
correction is to reverse the correction for the first error
(that, or declare variables that change constantly to static
and/or final).

How would I go about this?

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)  < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
ICBM / Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W

"No, try "rm -rf /"
"As your life flashes before your eyes, in
the unit of time known as an ohnosecond...."
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)