On 2011-05-31 18:30, Chris Stratton wrote:
> [...]
     > But since this is not a rooted device, I can not access my data/data/
     > com.acme/databases to open my db file.

    Write a backup feature in your app that copies the (closed) database
    to external storage, then download from there.

    Or, develop on an emulator.

    Or, write unit test cases using JUnit and the instrumentation framework

Or set the mode of the database file to world readable... just don't
ship that way like a certain internet phone app did.

Or open the database straight from the SD card where you can do whatever you like while you develop. (This is actually how my Inventory app does the "merge" feature from the SD database to the "closed" database.)

                        Best / Jonas