If you've noticed, cleaning stuff up let's say clearing a bitmap or
nulling an image before you call another activity will result in a
temporary blanking out. So onDestroy has to happen after the next
activity is fully drawn. If you use 14mb in Activity A and 14mb in
Activity B on a 16mb heap device you will run out of memory. I use
android:process in the manifest to get around this.