Hello, hoping I can get some help here... I have a game on the market
already, Sean McNulty Skateboarding, that uses OpenGL to load bitmaps
using this

plane.loadBitmap(BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getResources(),
                                R.drawable.board),12);

But I have 5 different folders all with the same 55 images, some high
res most medium res. I have ldpi, mdpi, hdpi, large, and now large-
hdpi (for Galaxy Tab). The game should be only around 3 mb but all of
these copies of the same image have made the game over 6 mb.

I cannot use a nodpi folder because some devices will not find the
resource if it is not in the standard folder (i.e. drawable-hdpi) but
it is in the nodpi folder. Most devices will find it but a tester of
my game said on a HD2 with Android this method just shows a white box
instead of the proper texture.

And I have tried to make the .xml file alias and point it to the
drawable folder, like in this post:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/78009fc4e453da46

My game will compile and run but the bitmap will not load, it will
just show a white box. What I tried looked something like this:

Resources res = getResources();

BitmapDrawable bd = (BitmapDrawable)
res.getDrawable(R.drawable.skater1)

plane.loadBitmap(bd.getBitmap(),12);

The bitmap should get passed to my GLSurfaceView Renderer, then added
as an OpenGL texture. Any ideas as to what is going on here?