Hi,

I am using an HTC desire with Gingerbread installed on it. I have a
question on Background Data and Auto-Sync settings. I have my work
email (MS exchange) and gmail (IMAP/POP3) set up on the phone. I have
set up my Auto-Sync update settings such that my work email updates
via Push and gmail updates every 5 mins but Auto-Sync is turned off.
My Background Data however is turned on. With this combination of
settings, I get emails from gmail every 5 mins but don't get emails on
my work email. Not sure why gmail is completely ignoring the Auto-Sync
OFF setting. Is this standard functionality? I would expect that if
Auto-Sync is turned off then all accounts listed under Auto-Sync will
not automatically sync.

Thanks in advance.