Hi
I'm not able to see what I'm missing to get CALL_STATE events. Here is
what I have and I believe it used to work for me. Last weekend I lost
my original working application along with other files :(

Please let me know if you spot something in my app:

1. MyService class
  public MyService extends Service {

    private PhoneStateListener mPhoneEvent = new PhoneStateListener()
{
       public void onCallSateChanged(int state, String inNumber) {
         switch (state) {
           case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_IDLE:
               Log.d(LOGTAG, "############# Phone State Idle for" +
inNumber);
               break;
           case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_RINGING:
               Log.d(LOGTAG, "############### Phone State Ringing for
" + inNumber);
               break;
           case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_OFFHOOK:
               Log.d(LOGTAG, "########## Phone State Offhook for " +
inNumber);
               break;
           default:
               Log.e(LOGTAG, "########## Invalid Phone State = " +
state);
               break;
         }
     }
  };

@Override
public int onStartCommand(Intent intent, int flags, int startId) {
     Log.d(LOGTAG, "onStartCommand");
     super.onStartCommand(intent, flags, startId);

     mPhoneManager = (TelephonyManager)

getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE);
     mPhoneManager.listen(mPhoneEvent,
                           PhoneStateListener.LISTEN_CALL_STATE);

      // I see below debug log in adb logcat.
      Log.d(LOGTAG, "@@@@@@@@@@@@ Set Phonelistener");
      return START_STICKY;
}

public void onDestroy() {
   super.onDestroy();
   // Do not see this below line in logcat and I believe which is a
good thing for me.
   Log.d(LOGTAG, "####### Destroy Is Called.");
}
}

Android XML File:
=================
   <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <activity android:name=".MonitorActivity"
                  android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>

        <service
            android:name=".MyService">
           <!--  <intent-filter>
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
            </intent-filter>
            -->
        </service>
    </application>

    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>

Application Logic: I created an MonitorActivity class which starts
MyService class to monitor CallState events.
Just 4days back downloaded Android SDK and it is Revision11.

Thanks in advance.
-lb