Hello to everyone,

I have a little problem, when using WebView in Android 3.0.1.
I have a WebView, for which I handle orientation changes by myself, so
it won't reload the current site, like mentioned here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/runtime-changes.html#HandlingTheChange
In the onConfigurationChanged-method I do nothing except of calling
the super-method.
In addition, in the onCreate-method I call the following to let the
WebView zoom the websites to fit the screen:

webView.getSettings().setLoadWithOverviewMode(true);
webView.getSettings().setUseWideViewPort(true);

This works fine on Android 2.2 (tested with Samsung GalaxyTab). But
when testing on an Asus TF101 with Android 3.0.1 it doesn't work like
expected. When starting the Activity the first time, the website will
be zoomed just fine, either in landscape or portrait. Even an
orientation change from portrait to landscape is working. But when I
change the orientation from landscape to portrait, no zooming is made.
The site stays at the same size as in landscape, which is obviously to
wide for the screen-width in portrait-mode. It seems, that the
WebView.zoomOut()-method is not working.

On my previous searches, I found an advice to call WebView.zoomOut()
programmatically until it returns false, indicating no further zooming
out is possible. While debugging, it clearly shows, that it always
return false.

I first expected a programming-error of myself, but in the built-in
browser, the same happens: no zooming out when changing from landscape
to portrait.

Is this a bug in Android 3.0.1. or WebKit or am I missing something
essential?

I thank you in advance for your answers.
Benny