Hi,

I have been searching for several days for examples of test cases that
deal with Services, or that deal with BluetoothAdapter. We have an
Activity, which enables the BluetoothAdapter, and then calls a Service
which repeatedly detects nearby Bluetooth devices. There is very
little UI in this application - just a list of detected MAC
addresses.  We want to test this using the Android testing framework,
but all the examples out there are very UI-based. I am looking for
advice or examples of the following:
1. a test to see if the Activity successfully starts a Service
2. a way to create a mock objects for the Bluetooth Adapter and
BluetoothDevice, so I can feed predetermined values into my
ServiceTestCase methods.

Is any of this possible? How do other people test services and
components that are not UI based?

thanks,
Bonnie