I am attempting to save data to the sdcard with the following code but
get a file not found exception:

String fileContents = fileBuf.toString();
Log.d(tag, fileContents);
File sdDir = new File("/sdcard/Logger");
sdDir.mkdirs();
File file = new File("/sdcard/Logger/"+currentTripName+".kml");
FileWriter sdWriter = new FileWriter(file, false);
sdWriter.write(fileContents);
sdWriter.close();

When i try the following code (API level 8), I get a similar error.

File sdDir = getExternalFilesDir(null);
File file = new File(getExternalFilesDir(null) + currentTripName
+".kml");
FileWriter sdWriter = new FileWriter(file, false);
sdWriter.write(fileContents);
sdWriter.close();

Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts.