One of the things that you can do is put
android.os.Debug.waitForDebugger() in the starting code of your
service.

By doing this, the Android VM will pause and wait for a debugger to be
connected. Eclipse/ADT will notice this and automatically connect a
debugger to your service process.

If you do not want to change your code, you can go into the DDMS
perspective in Eclipse, then, in the Device view, you can select your
service process and click the green bug icon (or choose "debug
process" from the view menu). This will automatically connect a
debugger to the process.

The advantage of the first method is that you can put breakpoints
earlier in your code and make sure you'll stop on them without having
timing issue.

Xav