>This works fine, when called in onCreate() of an activity:
>
>getWindow().requestFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);
>
>Or, as Andrew Stadler pointed out, you can use this in your <activity> in
>your manifest:
>
>android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"
>
>Note that these remove the title bar. They do not remove the status bar
>(where the signal strength and battery level indicators lie).

thanks for the response.

is there a way to go really fullscreen?

the reason i ask is that on the G1, the camera preview is always the
wrong orientation. in portrait, the preview appears landscape, and
vice versa. in order to incorporate this rather inconvenient
"feature" seamlessly into my app, i have the preview activity go into
landscape mode, which gives the effect of a preview at the same
orientation. unfortunately the presence of the bars ruins the
illusion.

thanks for any help with this,