While we are on the topic of missing glyphs -- are there plans for
adding the new symbol for Indian Rupee, code point 20B9?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_rupee_sign

It's probably the only currency glyph still missing from Android and
since my app deals with currencies, it's now displaying a square.