doSelectSecureElement *should* work for the UICC. (code
here<http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Nfc.git;a=blob;f=jni/com_android_nfc_NativeNfcManager.cpp;h=7f000885e7c286f3fa90209220b5936d0c62b8c9;hb=HEAD>)

I haven't got a SWP compliant SIM handy though so I can't test it, but I
can't see any reason it wouldn't work (judging from the linked code).

Opening a connection with it - using doOpenSecureElementConnection, like you
can with the Smart-MX - will most definitely not work for a UICC SE though.
(code
here)<http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Nfc.git;a=blob;f=jni/com_android_nfc_NativeNfcSecureElement.cpp;h=1e70839ce3b7dc49db7fa5b00141d9166d262cf1;hb=HEAD>
 As
the NativeNfcSecureElement will only open a connection with the Smart-MX SE
- completely ignoring a UICC even if it is detected.
Perhaps you could tweak this code to force a connection with a UICC if it's
detected, but I doubt that will work (correctly).