Hello,

 I just published my first Android port (from my iOS app) and I am
really puzzled as to how I should handle screenshots?

Letting aside that the jpeg quality is awful and the inability to
provide localized screenshots, I'll ask just one simple question.

- What is the recommended size to upload screenshots so they look nice
on all devices?

I uploaded 800x480 PNG 24 bits screenshots, hoping a higher quality
source would yield decent results but I was sorely disappointed. Not
only the jpeg quality setting is awful but the android market seems to
crop my screenshots to a 1.5 ratio (like 320x480) at what seems to be
random positions?

If I upload screenshots in several formats will the market use the
appropriate ones for each phone ? Or will it scale each one miserably
just like it does for the ones I uploaded and display them in their
full ugliness on all devices ?

PS: If anyone cares, I have just written a long rant about issues when
publishing to the Android Market issues which details the screenshot
issues too:
http://www.smallte.ch/blog-read_en_15001.html