Hi,

I am launching a floating activity to be displayed on top of the
screen when a call is placed or received and I want this activity do
not interfere with the call, the user should be able to answer a call
and hang up.

With the following code I almost accomplish this, the only problem is
that after I slide the bar to answer a call the button to hang up is
not displayed. I am not sure if it is a limitation because the phone
dialer activity goes to onresume and it wont update the UI?? If this
is true, is there a way work around it??

protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState){
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

                final Window window = this.getWindow();
                window.setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_NOT_TOUCH_MODAL

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_WATCH_OUTSIDE_TOUCH,

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_NOT_TOUCH_MODAL |

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_WATCH_OUTSIDE_TOUCH);

                WebView webView = new WebView(this);
                loadContent(webView);

                setContentView(webView);

                window.setGravity(Gravity.TOP);
                window.setLayout(480,100);

                WindowManager.LayoutParams lp = window.getAttributes();
                lp.dimAmount= 0.0f;
                lp.alpha = 1.0f;
                window.setAttributes(lp);
}

This activity is displayed for a few seconds and then is closed but I
want it to be as seamless as possible and if the users does not see
the hang up button it is going to be a bit awkward.

I do not want to display the information in this activity in a toast
or a notification. In case the user finds it intrusive I have an
option to disable it (for instance it is disabled by default).

Regards,
Juan