Hello,
I have to do the following thing:

My Android application have to show an image (for example the human
body), the user can touch some specific part of this image (for
example the head or the stomach) and this part have to be highlight in
some way (for example by displaying a red circle with a radius in the
area, possibly the red circle have to be semi-transparent)

So, do you have some ideas to do something like this?

Reading this tutorial I thought that Canvas could be a solution but I
don't know because I am quite new in Android development and I never
used Canvas before:
http://www.anddev.org/the_pizza_timer_-_threading-drawing_on_canvas-t126.html

Thank you
Andrea