On Jun 27, 7:32 am, Boozel <boozelcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any one tell me what the best structure is to do the drawing and prevent
> this?

Your draw() routine is inefficient, and you really get hit in the
constrained mobile environment. Here's a few changes that I would try:
- Pull object instantiations out of the draw() routine, especially out
of the for() loop. For example, create the Paint() instance in
onCreate()
- Have all data readily available, e.g. do not Double.parseDouble() in
draw()
- If the above doesn't help: Depending on how many rows you have,
you'll need to break this up in multiple calls to draw() from the
event loop. I cannot remember offhand how to do this in Anrdoid, but
the classic method for systems like Motif or Qt is to break these
loops down into small atomic events, and create an event for each
atomic step of drawing a row, parsing content etc. until you're done
drawing or processing content.
JP