You won't make any money from the ads, but it might be worth having them to convince users to purchase a paid version.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
MaxHOMEValue.com
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
email: bg...@maxhomevalue.com
http://maxhomevalue.com      http://bgies.com

On 30/06/2011 1:38 PM, Spooky wrote:
I'm about to release my first app, and would like some opinions
about adding ads and a $2 donation to remove the
ads...specifically, is it worth the effort (keeping in mind that
I currently know exactly NOTHING about how to do this)....

My app is a simple photo Gallery, showing, in this case, a set
(one of two, assuming this one isn't a flop) of photos from
Point Lobos State Preserve in California.  In the app, I also
provide information (via the menu button---and ONLY if the user
CHOOSES to select the option to view that information) on where
and how to order photo posters from this set.

Here's the question:  would adding ads, and a $2 donation to
remove said ads, be likely to be worth the effort?  Or, could
doing so actually work against me by turning people away from
the app?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...even
if only a simple "forget the ads" or "yeah, do the ads" response.
:-)

Thanks,
    --jim

PS:  If anyone wants to preview the photo set that will be in
      the app, it's online at jdgapps.com.  The site will
      eventually serve for both my photography and support for
      Android apps...but it's currently only the former, and
      then currently only for this one photo set....

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky1...@gmail.com    |      something else.