http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5939987/android-take-screenshot-via-code/5940832#5940832

> I'm thinking we could call View.draw(canvas) and get a drawable from
> the MapView and then just display the image.  Is that possible?  Does
> anyone have an example of the steps to do it?

It's conceivable that there are issues with the above technique and
MapView, and I have never tried this, but it seems to be the standard
answer for what you're seeking.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 3.5 Available!