Hello,
 I`m learning about creating own ArrayAdapter because I want to put
some custom object in my List view. I`ve read this article:
http://www.softwarepassion.com/android-series-custom-listview-items-and-adapters/

Now the question is about small part of code:

                if (v == null) {
                    LayoutInflater vi =
(LayoutInflater)getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
                    v = vi.inflate(R.layout.row, null);
                }

What is it for ? For example I would like to put my own adapter in
diffrect package, class. But I can`t cause getSystemService is from
ListActivity. Is this really neaded ?

Can I in other class make something liek this ?

ListActivity la = new ListActivity()
                if (v == null) {
                    LayoutInflater vi =
(LayoutInflater)la.getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
                    v = vi.inflate(R.layout.row, null);
                }

Best regards,
Dawid Pacholczyk