08.07.2011 16:09, Ali Chousein пишет:
I'm not sure if it's possible to have variable heights of items in a
listview. If it's possible I would be very happy to learn how.

An item layout is just that, a layout, and it and its child views observe wrap_content, if that is desired.

As long as getView always rebinds the data, as it should, the actual height values specified as wrap_content can come out different. No special work is needed for this.

If I was implementing the functionality you described, I would show a
predetermined n number of characters of the tweets, followed by
ellipsis, when necessary. Clicking on an item would open a dialog
showing the complete tweet.

Good idea. A very reasonable UI - but then again, tweets are limited to 140 characters, are they not?

Ali Chousein
Geo-Filtered Assistant
http://geo-filtered-assistant.blogspot.com/
Cisco Android marketplace (Chosen for Cisco Cius)
https://marketplace.cisco.com/apphq/products/510

--
Kostya Vasilyev