I think Knopflerfish is close to releasing a version of their OSGi
spec
implentation for Android ...

Regarding the rest, security, android lifecycle and the rest of
worries
I am reading here I didn't get enough time to look into it but I do
see
many benefits of OSGi on mobile platforms - ex. Titan that Sprint
used.
No idea how it did but their intent was pretty novel.

And I think you got some good feedback in this thread as I can see -
cool!