On Jul 11, 4:50 pm, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the preview, the data is not RGB. It is yuv_420 or a similar format.
> Query the camera-parameters for the exact format and decode the data
> accordingly.

hi

thanks for your comment. In the "..." part of my original post, I
did call "param.setPreviewFormat(PixelFormat.RGB_565)" to
explicitly set the pixel format of the preview. I verified it by
decoding the resulting byte buffer using an RGB_565-encoded
bitmap "bmp=new Bitmap.createBitmap(320,480, Bitmap.Config.RGB_565)"
and display the decoded bitmap to an imageview; the image looked
ok. So, I am reasonably confident that the preview is RGB_565
encoded.

Can anything else in my code mess up the decoding/recording?

thanks

Qianqian