IMHO, it is Generally better to build with the highest SDK that you can. But
you have to be careful not to use any methods in the newer SDK versions
without first checking the current Android version otherwise you will get a
force close...

For my apps, I am currently building against the Android 2.3.4 SDK (I
haven't gotten around to switching to build against the newest SDK yet), but
my min SDK is set to Android 1.6....

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer